Privacy responsibilities PETBUDDY AB is responsible for privacy. Registration number: 559153-5025 Address: PETBUDDY POSTBOX 11104 KOCKSGATAN 15 100 61 Stockholm, Sverige
What personal information do we collect
We collect personal data in connection with you providing these directly to us and through the use of our site. It could be names, contact details, product reviews and information that you enter on our site. Transaction and billing information, for example, if you make a purchase from us through our site (eg credit card details and delivery information).
• Correspondence you have had with us (for example, if you contacted customer service or interacted with us via social media).
• Information you provided when you participated in competitions or answered questionnaires.
• Information that we collect automatically via cookies or other tracking tools (for example, what web pages you visited and if you clicked on any link in our newsletter). We may also collect information about the device you used to visit our site.
• Other information you enter when you visit our site, for example, where you are when you visit our site, provided that you give your approval to this.
• Furthermore, if you shop in our store, we can link the information you provide in store (for example, if you make a purchase or sign up for our newsletter) to the information above
How do we use this information
Depending on how you use our site, how you interact with us, and what you allow us to access, including the purpose for which we collect these information:
- To be able to place your order and keep your account on our site.
- Handling and answering questions and complaints that come to our customer service.
- To personalize the site according to your wishes and display the content that we think you are most interested in, based on your information, your purchase history and your browsing history.
- To improve and maintain the quality of our site, and to monitor its use.
- For market research, we can, for example, contact you for feedback on our products.
- To send advertising and direct mail in those cases where you have approved this or otherwise are allowed to do so.
- For security reasons, for example, to investigate fraud and, if necessary, to protect us or our subcontractors.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We refer to the following legal bases, under the Data Protection Act, regarding our right to handle your personal data:
- Because it is necessary to handle personal data in order to establish an agreement with you, or to prepare an agreement with you, for example, we use your personal information to make payment and make purchases when you place an order with us.
- Since we have received your approval, for example, when you contact our customer service, when you add information about you to your profile or when you authorize us to send advertising to you.
- Because it is in our legal interest as an e-store to maintain and provide our services. We always want to know more about our customers' needs and desires in order to offer the best possible products and customer experiences. We use information about you to customise your experience of our site, to make it more interesting and relevant in terms of products and offers for you.
- On our site you may be offered to add information about your pet, including information about your pet's breed, weight, name and activity level. We process this information with care, but information about your pet is not considered personal information.
We love to communicate with our customers and therefore, depending on your advertising requirements, we may use your personal information to send advertisements via e-mail, telephone or mail. Some of these mailings may be customized for you, based on your browsing history, purchase history or other information we have stored about you.
If you no longer wish to receive advertising and/or offers from us (or vice versa again!) you can notify us at any time by contacting us (see details below) or clicking on "unsubscribe" in one of our newsletters. If you unsubscribe from our newsletter, we may still contact you with service information (such as order and delivery confirmation and information about your rights).
You can also be exposed to advertisements for us on other sites as well as on social media. These ads may be customised for you through the collection of data via cookies (which records your browsing history, enabling us to create ads for people who visited our site). If you see ads on social media, it may be due to collaborations with users on social media with followers who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, that type of marketing may include sharing your email address with this network. If you no longer wish to see targeted ads, you can change the settings for cookies and privacy in your browser and on the respective site/app.
Who can access this information
We share customer personal data with subcontractors as follows:
With our subcontractors and companies that provide services to us, for example, payment processors and shipping companies.
- With our business advisors and lawyers.
- With subcontractors working to prevent and detect fraud.
- With police or other government agencies, for example, to report fraud or in accordance with a mandatory request.
In other contexts where we have your consent to it or otherwise by law have the right to do so.
We hire subcontractors located all around the world. Therefore your personal data may be processed in countries outside Europe, including countries where you have a lower degree of legal protection regarding your personal data than in your home country. If we submit personal information outside the European Economic Area, we will, by law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected, most preferably in accordance with EU standard contractual clauses. You are welcome to contact us if you would like to know more about this protection.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we need it in accordance with the purpose stated above, which means that the duration will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, if you made a purchase with us, we will retain your information for as long as required for billing, tax and insurance reasons. We may also retain correspondence with you (for example, if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as necessary to protect us from legal requirements. When we no longer need to save information, we will delete it. Please note that we will save your e-mail address even if you unsubscribe from our newsletter, to ensure that we do not send the newsletter to your address in the future.
We ensure that data that leaves our site is encrypted. This process involves converting information or data into code to prevent unauthorized access. Our site follows these rules and uses secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are used to protect personal data sent to or from our site through secure communication channels. We do everything possible to constantly protect personal data on our site, but we cannot guarantee the protection and integrity of data on our site.
Our site is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information about children under the age of 18.
The information stored can be used to identify you as long as you do not change your browser settings. Cookies never store credit card details or passwords. If you want to restrict or disable cookies used by our site, or any other site, you can do so through the settings in your browser. The help section of your browser will explain how to do this. For more information about cookies and to find out which cookies have been used and how you handle or remove them, visit http://www.minacookies.se/allt-om-cookies/cookiehantering/
Please note that changing your browser settings to disable all cookies (including the necessary ones) may affect parts of our site so that they do not work properly. As long as you do not change your settings to block cookies, our system will store the above cookies each time you visit our site.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, including the right to access them, move them, change them and request that we delete all your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain specific purposes, including sending you targeted advertising.
We will comply with all requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note, however, that there are limitations to these rights and that there may be circumstances when we are unable to comply with your wishes. To submit requests for your personal data, or if you have any questions regarding your personal data, please contact us via the contact details below. You also have the right to contact your local regulatory authority with questions about data protection.
You can contact our support by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to ask questions and comment on this policy by sending a letter to our address: PETBUDDY AB, 559153-5025, POSTBOX 11104 KOCKSGATAN 15, 100 61 Stockholm.